Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What I am loving: coral and blue

On my most recent trip to Homegoods, the one in Bedford, NH, these placemats caught my eye. They were located in the kitchen section with the tablecloths and napkins. These placemats, are way too cute and intricate to eat food on....I snagged them and pseudo framed them, so you could see that all your wall decor does not have to be found in the "wall decor" section!


Here they are as placemats.



Can you see the intricate beadwork on these?



Throw a white frame around it and you have instant artwork! Once I had these at home, I started to mentally design a room around them. Envision an entryway in a beach house.....doesnt this console from Wisteria remind you of driftwood? I love the rustic-ness of it.
I would throw a jute boucle rug with it - something like these from West Elm. I have the gray one in my living room at home, and its easy to clean and better yet, its reversible!



Next to the console, I would put a pair of these white bamboo chairs, one on each side so you could sit and take off your shoes. I'd probably switch the fabric on this to something like this.






Hanging above this beachy-goodness I can totally see this coral chandelier from 1st dibs.


Or better yet this ceiling mount bamboo fixture from Circa Lighting.






And if all these coral beachyness wasnt enough...check out some rooms done in this combo by other designers! So fresh and clean!


















No comments:

Post a Comment